La campagne Smart Campus a été conclue entre lDUT et l'Université de DaNang le 22 Aout 2017.
La campagne a pour objectif de promouvoir l'activité de recherche en direction de la révolution industrielle 4.0, particulierement dans le domaine de l'Internet of Things et de l'intelligence artificielle.
Particularly, it is to set up, on university campuses of The University of Danang (UD), the unified networks (based on LoRa network technology) and intelligent services of connected objects, a true innovation platform mobilizing students, lecturer-researchers and the enterprises at the Danang region to develop innovative projects in the service of education, research and academic life. The Smart Campus campaign will take place at two campuses of The University of Danang: DUT campus and the headquater of UD.
- Functional objectives
The smart campus must ultimately constitute a coherent set of infrastructures and hardware and software resources, realizing a genuine platform of innovation, a flexible and open toolbox, with four main objectives:
1) To provide optimal teaching and learning as well as administration activities in the university through intelligent services on the IoT platforms and support on the new trend of multidisciplinary intergrated education. In consequences, the quality of training increases that leads to higher qualified students for the market.
2) To implement the collaborative research projects between academic partners of DUT, DNIIT, governmental organizations, and the enterprises, with the aim to develop, based on IoT and AI technologies, a unified platform of designing, management, simulation and analysis of the solutions for a smart campus, and toward a smart city.
3) To accelerate the technology transfer resulting from collaborative projects through direct exploitation by an industrial partner or the creation of startup. A special incentive will be given to students, through the creation of competitions, to raise awareness of the creation of companies in the field of intelligent services on IoT networks.
- Technology and Innovation Challenges
The expanding universe of Internet-connected devices, known as the Internet of Things (IoT), has the potential to significantly change the way universities work. The IoT brings together three major trends in modern society: mobility, automation and an inextinguishable need for data. The IoT will collect in real time a mass of colossal data which will have to be analyzed and processed in order to make its services of the university more efficient and effective to the services of students and its personnel.
But to do so, we have to face several technological and innovation challenges
- deployment on the campuses and mastery of an IoT data collection platform coming from the Communicating Objects (OC) via different network protocols including long-range networks such as Sigfox, LoRa or cellular technologies (GSM, 2G, 3G ...) and those of short reaches such as Wifi, Z-Wave, ZigBee, or Bluetooth Low Energy, Enocean
- The study of adequate solutions to many security-related risks that the Internet of objects brings into their infrastructure. However, these risks exist in each component of the IoT. Global IoT security spending will increase from US $ 348 million in 2016 to US $ 434 million in 2017, to reach US $ 547 million by 2018. (Source: Gartner – Forecast : IoT Security Worldwide in 2016);
- The study of adequate solutions of the semantic web and the processing of "Big Data" allowing the reception, the filtering and the classification of a large mass of data in real time;
- Study, design and development of innovative and intelligent services and applications using the data collected by this platform to integrate a unified information system of the university;